Help a child at Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch by volunteering your time and/or talents.
Every summer, Servant Teams from across the United States volunteer at our Minot, Bismarck and Fargo campuses. These teams paint, weed, repair, assist at the thrift stores and warehouses, assist with Hippotherapy, and more.
Servant teams also participate in a daily chapel service led by our Chaplain and Spiritual Life Specialists.
You can volunteer at one of our many stores or warehouses. Thrift Stores Part-time, full-time, and temporary positions are available to you can accommodate your schedule. We can accommodate large groups, one-time volunteers or long-term volunteers. There is no volunteer hour limit—volunteer as much as you are able!
Thrift Store/Warehouse Volunteer Jobs
- Books/Media: Sort, price and stock books by category. Assist with stock rotation.
- Clothing Processing: Tagging, hanging and merchandising clothing by size and category. Assist with rotation of stock. Assist with hanger sorting.
- Clothing Sorting: Sort donated clothing per standards. (Warehouses only)
- Donation Assistance: Help donors unload donations, write donation receipts and track donations. Assist with garbage and cardboard processing.
- Electrical: Test household electrical/electronic/battery operated items,clean, tag and merchandise on sales floor.
- Furniture: Assemble boxed furniture, repair furniture, clean and prepare furniture for sales floor.
- General Building & Grounds Maintenance: Tasks may include mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, removing snow, replacing light bulbs, making small repairs, cleaning up garbage, cleaning the sidewalk, etc.
- General Housekeeping: Daily cleaning tasks may include cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming floors, sweeping, washing windows/doors, dusting, mopping, and cleaning the kitchen.
- Holiday Specialist: Process and prepare Holiday/Seasonal merchandise and maintain sales floor displays. Box up off-season items for storage.
- Jewelry: Sort, clean, tag, and maintain sales floor displays.
- Linens/Crafts: Sort, tag and hang linens and crafts. Organize crafts and linens on sales floor.
- Material: Measure fabric, hang, tag and maintain merchandise on sales floor.
- Merchandiser: Arrange displays on sales floor, straighten and clean shelves, put out merchandise in proper departments and assist customers as needed.
- Miscellaneous Processing: Cleaning and preparing miscellaneous merchandise for pricing. Assist with rotation of stock.
- Sales Floor Assistance: Greet and assist customers, straighten sales floor displays and racks, re-hang dressing room garments. sort hangers. Cashier opportunities with additional training.
- Warehouse Assistance: Assist loading/unloading of trucks, putting away stock, cleaning and organizing. Assist with donation pick-ups as needed.
You can participate in one of several special events held across the state.
NYPUM Fun Run
NYPUM Fun Run is held the last Saturday in July in Minot. Proceeds from this event benefit the National Youth Program Using Minibikes (NYPUM), a goal-oriented program for the youth at Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch.
Volunteers are needed throughout the day in a variety of capacities.
Complete this form and we will be happy to contact you.